After spending years working in the Scot-Mex food industry in the heart of Edinburgh making our own sauces, we decided it was time to bring a little bit of flair to public plates.
So, The Bonnie Sauce Co. was born. Each of our sauces are lovingly hand-made, packed with flavour, character and versatility. Ready to make any dish shine.
Fiery Scotch Bonnet
How can I compare thee to a Scotch Bonnet? Though art less spicy and more temperate. Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May, whilst the Scotch Bonnet rips them from their roots. — Hot enough to bring Shakespeare back from the dead in order to make some slight changes to his classic, the Fiery Scotch Bonnet achieves the impossible. It is both extremely hot whilst maintaining its subtlety of flavour. With the heat of the infamous Scotch Bonnet chilli combined with the delicate Bonnie Sauce Co. craft, this sauce defies the possible, transcends what is real and is a wonderful addition to any dish looking for a little extra heat!
With a steal toe-capped boot…
· Make pasta exciting by adding this to your pasta sauce.
· Add to the mince of your burger for a tasty kick. In the face.
· Spicy Scotch Bonnet spare ribs.
· Whisk into your scrambled eggs.
Unlike our other sauces, the Smokey Chipotle’s creamy complexion creates a culinary courting of hot taste and smooth texture. A chipotle is a smoked jalapeño and the smokiness of this sauce soaks into the spicy and vibrant flavour. This sauce is dubbed the outsider, but we like to think of it more as a lone wolf which can strong alone but also integral to Bonnie rewritings of classic recipes: mac and cheese, cottage pie, prawn cocktail, or as a burger sauce.
· Liven up your prawn cocktail sauce.
· Fold into the mash of a cottage pie to bring the old classic back to life.
· Melt with cheese to create a smokey fondue!
· Combine with burger sauce – your burger will thank you.
Mango and Habanero
An unlikely couple to tie the knot: the mango’s tropical taste ties to the tingling tones of the hot habanero. The mango’s sweetness rivals the habanero’s heat making this sauce a true paradox, its flavour forever flailing between sweet and spicy but together creating an equatorial paradise in your mouth. Sweet and heat – this rhyme combines these words almost as smoothly as our sauce combines the flavours.
· Add to your pulled pork marinade to add a sweet element without the need of soda.
· Combine with a syrup and toss with a fruit salad for a twist on a classic.
· Boil with chutneys or jams for a sweet flavour and a hint of heat.
· Mix with melted butter and pour over popcorn for a spicy cinema snack.
Jalapeno and Lime
Whilst this sauce’s soft spice is a staple in our burritos, its vibrancy is versatile. Just as the lime’s zesty flavours fuse fluidly to the jalapeno’s peppery notes, this sauce can also mix masterfully with a multitude of others. Try adding it to mayo, tartar sauce or whisk it up into a vinaigrette to give your salad a quirky kick. Whether you’re mixing or marinating, dipping or dressing, our Jalapeno and Lime sauce’s subtle spice is diversely applied and delicately appreciated.
· Whisked into a vinaigrette for a salad with a kick.
· To pack more flavour into you Tartar Sauce.
· Try it with some mayo!
· Rub on your chicken wings and watch your dish take off.